Nyandarua North OCPD Timon Odingo said the chief collapsed as he stood near the entrance of the bar
- The police boss added that they later rushed the man to Good Hope Hospital in Nyahururu Town but on arrival he was confirmed dead.
- Mr Odingo noted that preliminary reports show that the man died as a result of cardiac arrest but further investigations had been launched to establish the cause of his death.
- A man who was in the bar when the incident happened noted that the administrator was in the company of an unidentified woman.
- The woman reportedly disappeared as soon as police officers arrived at the bar.
- A chief on Saturday evening collapsed and died at a popular bar in Nyahururu Town in Laikipia County.
Confirming the incident, Nyandarua North Officer Commanding Police Division (OCPD) Timon Odingo said that the man identified as Mr Samuel Mangu Kahiru, 50, who was the chief of Madaraka in Ol Joro Orok Constituency, Nyandarua County collapsed as he stood near the entrance of the bar.
“A bar attendant at the bar only identified as Esther called us and informed us that a man who was her daily customer had been standing near the entrance of the bar when he suddenly collapsed.