A Kenya Power employee died while another was seriously injured as they replaced a transformer in Kisumu on Thursday.
Witnesses said power supply was restored while the two were doing the work in Kondele area at about 7pm.
Kisumu Central OCPD Peter Omwana said one was electrocuted and the other burned. The injured worker was taken to Avenue Hospital.
Kenya Power said in a statement that the two were in a team of three people who were carrying out routine repair work on an isolated line.
“The company regrets the occurrence and will do everything possible to support affected families,” read the statement.
The body was taken to Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital morgue and investigations launched
continue reading next page below>>